Having a marketing strategy for your listings is key in order to get the word out and sell it quickly. There is some planning and strategizing to do but does not require expertise in marketing, simply follow these easy 10 steps to success:
1. Compare the home to comparable ones on the market and identify its most unique and desirable features. Why would a buyer want this home more than other homes in the same price range?
2. Take snapshots of the home’s best features, and use them as a starting point for your marketing approach.
3. Find out why the sellers purchased the home, and use that information to help you focus on potential buyers.
4. Research the demographics of homeowners in the home’s neighborhood. Prospects with similar demographics will probably be the best market for the home.
5. Review the audience demographics of various media, and use those that best match the likely demographics of potential buyers for the home.
6. Start early. Don’t wait until a week before the listing expires to get the word out.
7. Write a brief property-marketing plan that includes specific objectives, a description of the home, a description of the target buyers for the home, and appropriate marketing media.
8. Make a schedule for the property marketing activities throughout the listing period.
9. Set a reasonable budget based on the activities detailed in the plan. The more costly the home, the more expensive it will be to market because a high-priced home demands top-of-the-line marketing materials.
10. Set up systems to track the “pull” of your various property-marketing efforts. One simple method is to ask those who call or view the home how they found out about it.